Thank you for your interest in contributing to the blog! I’m more than happy to welcome new writers with fresh perspectives to the table, but before submitting your post, there are a few guidelines and suggestions for getting your post accepted at My Social Game Plan.
What You’ll Receive
- Increased influence and authority in the digital marketing space.
- Posts will be featured on our home page for an undetermined period of time.
- Posts will potentially be re-published on Business2Community and/or Social Media Today, allowing you to reach a larger audience.
- Promotion to my email subscribers and social media followers.
- Two to three backlinks in your author byline. Backlinks within the body of your post if the links are very relevant to the content of your post and overall context of My Social Game Plan.
What Past Contributors Are Saying…
I’ll definitely contribute again when I’ve come up with an idea I think you’d like. Your site is like a jewel in the desert (eh? eh?) so I’d be more than happy to work with you again. – Ben Taylor
That’s a great additional service you offer to your guest writers! – Dennis Fischman [Commenting on posts being syndicated with Business2Community]
Thanks again for the opportunity. I will definitely keep your blog in mind for the future. Pleasure working with you. – Kyle Ginthner
The post looks great! I retweeted you on @LunaMetrics and will share it with our Facebook following tomorrow. I’m definitely interested in writing for My Social Game Plan in the future! – Dan Wilkerson of LunaMetrics
Any posts submitted should be written only for use on My Social Game Plan, unless otherwise agreed upon. This applies only to blogs. If you would like to reuse the content of your post in a video, eBook, etc., that’s no problem.
Of course, blog posts need to be relevant to the niche of My Social Game Plan.
Some broad topic categories could include:
- Social media news and latest trends
- Social media marketing strategy guides, tips, and suggestions for specific social networks
- Mobile marketing tips and trends
- How to use blogging and content marketing for business purposes
- Search engine optimization
- General marketing principles and how they relate to social media
- Much more…pitch an idea, I’m open and flexible
A good strategy is to check out our “Popular Posts” section in the sidebar to get an idea of what type of content performs best here.
The audience mostly consists of digital and social media marketing professionals, as well as business owners and entrepreneurs seeking to better understand how they can apply social media marketing to their brands.
While I don’t enforce a specific word count, I find that most valuable blog posts typically land in the range of 600+ words.
I want to help those who write for My Social Game Plan, so please include a byline when submitting your post. This will appear at the end of the post. A byline is:
- One to three short sentences introducing yourself and telling readers how they can connect with you. Many people will include their Twitter or blog address here.
Sample: Tim Timmy is a [job position/title] at [blog or company name], where he [job description]. Connect with Tim on [social account] and grab his [newsletter/free report]!
Submit A Post
If you’re interested in guest posting, send an email describing your post idea and 2-3 bullet points you might discuss to contact[at]mysocialgameplan.com or use the form below. We can’t wait to hear from you!
IMPORTANT: Please, please, please include a good description of your post and/or an outline with your submission! There is a far greater chance your submission will be approved.