A fresh episode of the Social Media Weekly News is up…
This week covers a developing story about brands pulling ads from YouTube for “extreme” reasons, along with an exceptional study from Buffer and Animoto about the effectiveness of square video vs. landscape video.
Watch here if the video above doesn’t load.
YOUTUBE ADS UNDER FIRE FROM BRANDS
• As YouTube Faces Criticism Over Ad Placement, TV Networks Vow Not to Repeat Its Mistakes — http://bit.ly/2mzCaPV
STUDY: DO LANDSCAPE VIDEOS OUTPERFORM SQUARE VIDEOS?
• Square vs. Landscape Video – $1.5K Worth of Experiments: Here’s How They Compare — http://bit.ly/2nkJZaX
FACEBOOK MESSENGER REACTIONS & MENTIONS
• Facebook Messenger rolls out mention alerts and message Reaction emoji: http://tcrn.ch/2nf014m
FACEBOOK’S NEW COLLECTION AD FORMAT
• Facebook introduces a new ad format — product-focused collection: http://tcrn.ch/2mzLO4U
INSTAGRAM NEW SECURITY AND BOOKING FEATURES
• Instagram Rolls Out New Security and Booking Features: http://bit.ly/2n1Z8v8