It’s March 30th and, as a business page owner, you now have the Facebook Timeline whether you want it or not.
Those tiny application images that used to be tucked away are suddenly staring your fans and visitors in the face. They should be screaming “CLICK ME!” Instead they’re saying, “I’m a boring, unrelated image you shouldn’t even look at.” Here’s what you’re probably seeing now:
I’ve already changed a few, but the two I haven’t changed stand out and look tacky. It’s not the most horribly disgusting thing in the world, but the images could definitely be more appealing to the consumer. Internet Marketing 101: more eye-catching images bring better click-through rates. So how do we change these nasty images?
How Can I Change the Images?
The process is incredibly simple and only takes a few clicks. We’ll walk through it with some images below.
- Create or find an image that is relevant to the app and your page. The application thumbnail can be no larger than 111×74 pixels, but in my experience Facebook is resizing the images really well regardless of size.
- Once you have the image, expand the application list. Now place your mouse over the app image you would like to change, and then click the small pencil symbol that appears at the top right of the app. Select “Edit Settings” from that list.
- A small box will appear, allowing you to edit the title that appears underneath the application image. In this window, you’ll also see an option called “Custom Tab Image.” Next to that option, click “Change.” You’ll be taken to a page that looks similar to the following.
- Click “Change” on the page depicted above and you should be able to browse your computer for the new image file. Once you’ve uploaded the file, you can close the window.
- Go back to your Facebook page and click Okay. You’re done, it’s that easy! The image will now change to the one you uploaded. Such a simple transformation, but a powerful one nonetheless. Here’s our finished product from the first image in this post.
Much better, huh? If you have any questions about the steps or you run into errors, leave a comment below and we’ll be happy to help out.
Don’t forget to sign up to the Social Game Plan Newsletter for free updates! Be the first to know about new content, breaking social media news, and more.